Vatican City, 1 June 2013 (VIS) – Today the Holy Father: - appointed Cardinal Antonio Maria Veglio, president of the Pontifical Council for Pastoral Care of Migrants and Itinerant People, as member of the Pontifical Commission for Vatican City State.
- appointed Fr. Michele Fiorentino, previously with the Secretariat and assigned to the Prefecture of the Papal Household, as defender of the bond at the Tribunal of the Roman Rota.
- appointed Fr. Donald Kos, O.F.M. Conv., as judicial vicar of the Ecclesiastic Tribunal of Vatican City State. To the same tribunal the Holy Father has also appointed:
- Msgr. Antonio Nicolai as judge;
- Fr. Luigi Sabbarese, C.S., as interim promotor of Justice and defender of the bond.
- appointed Msgr. Vittorio Gepponi as judicial vicar of the Appellation Tribunal for the Vicariate of Rome. The Holy Father has also appointed:
- Msgr. Slawomir Oder as judicial or official vicar of the Ordinary Tribunal for the Vicariate of Rome.
- appointed Cardinal Peter Erdo, archbishop of Esztergom-Budapest, Hungary, as his special envoy to the celebration of the Sixth Centenary of the evangelization of Samorgizia (a Western region of Lithuania), which will take place together with a Eucharistic Congress in Telsiai, Lithuania, from 2 to 4 August, 2013.