2013-03-26 L’Osservatore Romano
At the end of the Palm Sunday Mass in St Peter's Square, after entering the Vatican through the Arch of Bells, Pope Francis stopped to pray in the Campo Santo Teutonico, the German cemetery. After paying a brief visit he entered the Church of Santa Maria della Pietà and prayed for a few moments in the Chapel of the Swiss, built to commemorate the sacrifice of the soldiers who fell on 6 May 1527 defending Clement VI in the Sack of Rome. Accompanying the Pope were Mons. Alfred Xyuereb and Mons. Thomas Frauenlob.